THE BENEFITS OF ROWING
- Rowing trains ‘triple extension’, involving the ankles, knees and hips, which are essential for other exercises such as lunges, deadlifts and squats.
- Arms and back are involved in this cardio exercise, unlike most others.
- Rowing can be either aerobic or anaerobic, resulting in endurance, strength, or both.
- Rowing is low impact: if your knees or lower back are prone to soreness from running, rowing may be a good alternative.
- Rowing involves 85% of your major muscle groups.
(Big Calorie Burn!)
For rowing technique instruction, check out this